MLW yesterday and today announced the last 3 matches of Zero Hour event card. MLW: Zero Hour is taking place at the NYTEX Sports Centre in the greater Dallas/Ft. Worth area this Saturday, January 11. The event will be a MLW FUSION TV taping for beIN SPORTS.
Put the Kleenex down, Myron. You’re set to defend the title…. and you’ll defend against a @luchalibreaaa luchador tomorrow night. Now you have a reason to get all emo. Be ready for a Saturday night surprise. 😱😭😱 https://t.co/VJJI6zY7f8
— Court Bauer (@courtbauer) January 10, 2020
The MLW Middle Weight Championship will be on the line as Myron Reed will compete against a AAA Luchador.
Fresh off of competing in AAA, Fort Worth’s own Chandler Hopkins looks to show that a country boy ain’t nothing to mess with… but is he prepared for the king of knockouts Low Ki? The decorated former MLW World Heavyweight Champion Low Ki looks to kick off 2020 by kicking the head off of his first opponent of the New Year.
Standing in his way is the 6′ tall “Young Gun” Chandler Hopkins vows to impress MLW and his hometown in his debut. A standout wrestler known for blending brawling with high-flying flashy Lucha, the Fort Worth fighter Hopkins looks to prove he is major league material.
Hopkins, who has made name for himself on the Texas circuit, made an impact in 2019 in AAA Lucha Libre. Adding spectacular Mexican moves to his unorthodox arsenal, Hopkins presents a unique challenge for Low Ki.
A striking and submission machine, Low Ki welcomes such a challenge. Could we see another flash knockout from the “Lone Wolf of Brooklyn”? Low Ki is blunt with his game plan: “It will come down to proximity. Right kick, hospital; left kick, cemetery.”
King Mo has signed an open contract for a fight tomorrow at MLW: Zero Hour. Often the most unpredictable bout on the card, an open contract match creates a wild card of a match… and King Mo welcomes such a challenge.
A former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion and Rizin Heavyweight Grand Prix Champion, the 6′ tall 217-pound fighter is a member of prestigious America’s Top Team under the guidance of Dan Lambert. No stranger to the sport of pro wrestling, King Mo is a lifelong fan making his pro wrestling debut in 2012.
With 21 wins in MMA (13 by KO), the former NCAA Division 1 wrestler and Bellator fighter now looks to write a new chapter of his combat sports career as he looks to remain undefeated in the MLW ring this Saturday night in Dallas.
With designs on damaging the opposition, the decorated former MMA champion signed an open contract bout sheet earlier today. Who will be the first to put pen to paper on a contract to fight MMA royalty in King Mo?
Matches signed for Zero Hour:
- NO ROPES BARBED WIRE MATCH: Jimmy Havoc vs. Mance Warner
- WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT: Jacob Fatu (c) vs. Brian Pillman Jr.
- GRUDGE MATCH: Ross Von Erich vs. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor
- NATIONAL OPENWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT: Alex Hammerstone (c) vs. Aerostar
- NO HOLDS BARRED FIGHT: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Simon Gotch
- MJF vs. Marshall Von Erich
- Savio Vega vs. Richard Holliday
- TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH: Drago & Puma King vs. Injustice vs. Hijo de LA Park & Taurus (presented by Salina de la Renta)
- KNOCKOUT KING VS THE FORT WORTH FIGHTER: Low Ki vs. Chandler Hopkins
- Gino “El Intocable” Medina vs. Septimo Dragon (w/ Konnan)
- Erick Stevens vs. Douglas James
- MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Myron Reed vs a AAA Luchador
All pics and videos courtesy of MLW