Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW) today announced the launch of its new brand aimed at families as it unites with Wrestling Experience Scotland (WXS). WXS has operated successfully throughout Scotland over the last three years and has always maintained close ties to ICW and its performers. The unprecedented expansion is a result of both parties identifying an invaluable opportunity to bridge the gap between ICW’s established brand and WXS’ reputation for producing a high-quality in-ring product for family audiences. The move will allow WXS to bring a professional, family-friendly wrestling production to venues across Scotland under the ICW banner.
Andrew Wason, best known to fans as ‘Rudo Lightning’, will undertake the role of Operations Manager in addition to his current duties as Backstage Producer for ICW. ICW Owner, Mark Dallas, promises fans will see a unique blend of established stars from the world of ICW and hot prospects from the Scottish professional wrestling scene. “I am incredibly excited for this new venture and am honoured to welcome WXS to the ICW family. Fans of all ages will finally get the chance to enjoy an ICW-level production that is suitable for the entire family when we bring new, one of a kind shows to venues across Scotland in the new year.”
Scot Squad’s Grado, Rogue to Wrestler’s Jack Jester, BT Gunn, Jackie Polo and ICW World Heavyweight Champion, Stevie Boy, are all confirmed to appear on WXS events throughout 2020.
The first three events confirmed to take place are:
- Regal Theatre – Bathgate, Scotland – February 15, 2020
- Citadel Leisure Centre – Ayr, Scotland – March 21, 2020
- Maryhill Community Central Halls – Glasgow, Scotland – April 25, 2020
Tickets will be available on Friday, November 22 from Ticketmaster.
NJPW have revealed the full list of teams competing in this year’s World Tag League. The annual tag tournament features 16 teams this year with some usual faces and some new and odd combination. This comes hot of the heels of the Super Junior Tag League and the winner will receive a shot at the Guerrillas of Destiny’s tag titles at Wrestle Kingdom 14. The tournament will run from November 16th through to December 8th. Each team is awarded two points for a win, one for a draw and none for a loss.
Those teams are as follows:
- Hiroshi Tanahashi& Toa Henare (new team)
- Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)
- Tencozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
- Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata)
- FinJuice (Juice Robinson & David Finlay)
- Hirooki Goto & Karl Fredericks (new team)
- Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI (new team, Chaos)
- Toru Yano & Colt Cabana (new team, Chaos)
- Jeff Cobb & Mickey Nicholls (new team, Chaos)
- LIJ (EVIL & SANADA)
- Shingo Takagi & Terrible (new team, LIJ NJPW & CMLL)
- Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer (new team, Suzuki-Gun)
- Zack Sabre Jr &Taichi (Suzuki-Gun)
- Guerrillas of Destiny (Bullet Club, IWGP Tag Team Champions)
- KENTA & Yujiro Takahashi (new team, Bullet Club)
- Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens (Bullet Club)
The tournament will be airing on NJPW World, NJPW’s streaming service.
MLW today announced a World Middleweight Title Match between Teddy Hart and Myron Reed for MLW: Blood & Thunder TV taping at GILT Nightclub in Orlando, Florida this Saturday, November 9. League officials have confirmed that this title bout will air on MLW FUSION on beIN SPORTS Network on a live delay this Saturday night.
For almost a year Teddy Hart has conquered all in the middleweight division. Legacy is everything to Teddy Hart. It defines his family, his hopes and his goals. For Teddy Hart, making history as the longest-reigning World Champion in league history is a milestone unlike any other. Approaching the one year mark of his World Middleweight Championship reign this December 14th, Teddy Hart hopes to clean out the 205-pound and under division. Having defeated the likes of Jimmy Havoc and most recently Austin Aries, only one contender remains, Myron Reed.
Emerging this year as part of the Injustice movement, Reed alongside Kotto Brazil and Jordan Oliver have been critical of perceived biases against them in the league while highlighting cultural and societal issues. Some have labelled Injustice heroes while others have been open in their disgust for their conduct. Perhaps it comes down to context and your outlook. One thing you can’t debate is Myron Reed’s talent. The Louisville middleweight has been one of the most impressive athletes in the 205-pound middleweight division combining aerial attacks with a vicious tenacity.
Signed thus far for this card:
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor
- FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE: Jimmy Havoc vs. Mance Warner
- WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE BOUT: Teddy Hart (c) vs. Myron Reed of Injustice
- FIRST-TIME EVER ENCOUNTER: Low Ki vs. Timothy Thatcher
- WOMEN’S DIVISION BOUT: Zeda Zhang vs. The Spider Lady
- Mystery Box Battle Royal
In the wake of a debut victory at WWE Crown Jewel, Tyson Fury will head to Friday Night SmackDown this week on FOX. As reported on WWE Backstage, The Gypsy King is slated to appear when the blue brand broadcasts from the lineal heavyweight champion’s hometown of Manchester, England. With Fury in the building, Braun Strowman shouldn’t be far behind as the two brawlers have unfinished business. Are Fury and Strowman headed for another epic collision?
AEW have revealed 2 new title matches for Full Gear PPV. AEW World Women’s Champion Riho will be defending her title against Emi Sakura. It will be a Joshi battle as Riho faces her mentor in a one-on-one match. The last time the pair met, they were on opposite teams in a six-women tag match at Double or Nothing.
Private Party defeated Dark Order on tonight’s AEW Dynamite and will now face AEW World Tag Team Champions SCU and Lucha Bros. in a Triple Threat Title Match at Saturday’s AEW Full Gear PPV in Baltimore, Maryland. Also, Cody Rhodes announced on tonight’s AEW Dynamite that due to the criticisms of him being in a title match and an AEW Executive Vice President, if he doesn’t beat Chris Jericho he will never challenge for the AEW World Title again in his career.
Below is the updated PPV card, airing this Saturday at 8 PM ET (2 AM GMT):
- AEW World Championship: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Cody – Three judges will be available as a tiebreaker if the match goes beyond the 60-minute time limit – If Cody loses, he will never have a chance for the title again.
- AEW Women’s World Championship: Riho (c) vs. Emi Sakura
- AEW World Tag Team Championship: SCU (Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) (c) vs. Lucha Bros vs. Private Party
- Unsanctioned Lights Out Match: Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega
- The Young Bucks vs. Santana and Ortiz
- “Hangman” Adam Page vs. PAC
- The Buy In PreShow: Britt Baker vs. Bea Priestley
IT'S OFFICIAL!#TheLuchaBrothers v #SCU v #PrivateParty for the #AEW World Tag Team Championships this Saturday at #AEWFullGear – could we see new #AEW Tag Team Champions? Or will the championships stay in the hands of SCU? pic.twitter.com/XntmVM6TKl
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) November 7, 2019
All pics courtesy of ICW, NJPW, MLW, WWE, and AEW