The same night Impact on AXS premiered, Sami Callihan became the new Impact World Champion. This major win was the firework of a fantastic show, one of the best we’ve seen in years. 2019 motto was moving forward, Impact Wrestling have done more than that, they are back under a spotlight they should have never left. Sami Callihan is one of the reasons why it is happening, in fact, every wrestler in the locker room has made it happen. 2020 motto will probably be Hard to Kill, but I still have to think about it…
On the menu of Impact this week, from Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Sami Callihan will celebrate his Championship win. Fallah Bahh will square off with Michael Elgin. Moose and Willie Mack will face off. Joey Ryan will try to make Ken Shamrock bend under his belt. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
- oVe arrived saying they don’t “drink the bubbly” like a couple of b*tches. They’re just as good as any group in professional wrestling, and tonight… they will take over everything.
- Moose defeated Willie Mack.
- Alisha Edwards was having second thoughts about going out with Ace Austin. She needed to go talk to Eddie about it, but on the way, she overheard Reno Scum talking to Ace. He admitted he was going to spread his wings as the XXX-Division Champ by banging Eddie’s wife.
- Taya Valkyrie wasn’t happy with Madison Rayne & Kiera Hogan for abandoning her last week. Madison said if she’s unhappy about the way she runs the locker room, they should go and settle it in the ring. Taya agreed but walked on and came across Jordynne Grave. She wanted a shot at the title but was told to watch what she does later tonight when the Champ beats Madison.
- Michael Elgin defeated Fallah Bahh.
- Ace Austin promised to blow Alisha’s mind tonight, but she suggested they skip dinner and go to her hotel room. oVe were celebrating backstage while insulting guys like Jimmy Jacobs and Tommy Dreamer. Josh Alexander said he could have defeated Naomichi Marufuji if he really wanted to. Ethan Page was confident that if they set their minds to it, they could be World Champions… but their goal was the tag team titles. The North ware not happy with Marufuji, so they challenged him to a title match next week with a partner of his choosing.
- Ken Shamrock defeated Joey Ryan.
- oVe were still celebrating. They walked into the locker room and harassed some wrestlers. Jake Crist picked up Daga’s jacket and put it on to mock him, but Daga walked in and took it back. Sami Callihan spat in a beer and offered it to him, which almost sparked a brawl… but Rich Swann stepped in to make sure nothing happens.
- Impact Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie w/ John E. Bravo and Plush Presley defeated Madison Rayne. After the match, Jordynne Grace got in the Champion’s face. She dropped John E. Bravo on his head, Taya ran away.
- Gama Singh was sick and tired of Rohit Raju and Raj Singh’s failings. Apparently, Shera has gone back to India for a spiritual journey and will return bigger and badder than ever. Before then, he’s brought Bhupinder Singh and he will replace either Raj Singh or Rohit Raju permanently if he impresses. Ace Austin was rolling up at the hotel looking mightily happy with himself. Rosemary was trying to make sense of the new Suzie, who didn’t seem to remember anything about her life as Su Yung. Havok looked at Suzie perplexed like she’s seen her somewhere before.
- Petey Williams defeated Bhupinder Singh. After the match, Bhupinder tried bullying the legless referee, so Petey Williams returned and they teamed up to take him out. Williams hit Singh with the Canadian Destroyer, and Thomas finished him with a 450 splash.
- In Alisha Edwards’ hotel room, she told Ace to get comfortable. He stripped naked and put some cloth over his eyes. Eddie touched Austin’s face with his hand and he quickly caught on it was not a girl’s touch. He took the cloth away and Eddie jumped on him. Alisha walked in with a kendo stick and went to town on Ace, who scrambled his way out of the room. Eddie Edwards loved every second and he and Alisha started making out on the floor in the corridor. Meanwhile, Johnny Swinger was giving the “young kid” Petey Williams some advice, but first, he had to carry his bags. Petey got angry and was close to telling him off, but Callihan arrived with his celebration team.
- Callihan handed the mic to Jake Crist to introduce him properly. He told all the dumbasses in Windsor to stand up and respect the new Impact Wrestling World Champion. Tommy Dreamer’s music hit and Sami told him to go to the back so he can finish his promo. Dreamer said last week was supposed to be a banner week for the company, but Sami ruined it by being a bully, he’s an internet troll. “Did you know who the draw is? The people in the audience, as well as the guys in the back who bust their asses for them.” Callihan called him Mr. Fat Dreamer and if he had a problem with the World Champion, why didn’t he come down and do something about it? Dreamer would like some friends to accompany him for an extreme celebration. Rich Swann, Daga and Tessa Blanchard evened the odds.
- Tommy Dreamer, Tessa Blanchard, Rich Swann & Daga defeated oVe (Sami Callihan, Jake Crist, Dave Crist & Madman Fulton) in an Extreme Rules match.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Moose vs Willie Mack
They locked up and Moose hit a shoulder tackle. Mack battled back and hits the head scissors and a hurricanrana. Moose powdered and then cut off a dive. Mack dumped him and sort of hit a tope, coming up a bit short. Back in, Mack followed with corner clotheslines, but Moose cut him off with dropkicks. He choked out Mack, followed with strikes. He then whipped Mack to the buckles and did it again. Mack countered back, but Moose hit the Go To Hell. He talked some trash, followed with slaps and strikes. Mack fired up and laid in chops. They traded and Moose strangled the eyes. Mack then hit a stunner and a huge lariat. The Samoan drop and the moonsault connected. Mack headed up top, Moose popped up and crotched him. He followed him up and the superplex connected. Moose kipped up and so did Mack. They traded, but Moose hit the Spear for the win.
– Fallah Bahh vs Michael Elgin
They brawled at the bell and traded shoulder tackles. Bahh fired up and they continued to trade. Elgin cut him off and followed with a slam and twisting head butt. He followed with chops, Elgin fired back and hit a dropkick on Bahh to the apron. Bahh fought off the suplex and Elgin followed with superkicks and a dropkick. Back in, Elgin hit a slingshot double stomp and chops, Bahh fired back and Elgin followed with a bicycle kick. He followed with clotheslines and a suplex. Post break, they were trading strikes as Bahh ignited. He followed with head butts and Elgin cut him off with an exploder.
Bahh popped up and hit a crossbody. He followed with clotheslines, chops and a lariat. Elgin cut him off but Bahh hits the sit down splash. Elgin fought back with a sliding lariat, Elgin tripped him up and followed with a knee strike, a superkick and a German suplex. Elgin took him up top, followed him up and hit an avalanche belly-to-belly suplex, some clotheslines and a Death Valley Driver. Bahh hit the Samoan drop, the ass attack in the corner and a Samoan driver. Bahh went for the Banzai drop but Elgin popped up and slammed him off the ropes. They worked into counters but Elgin connected with the crossface for the win.
– Tommy Dreamer, Daga, Rich Swann & Tessa Blanchard vs. oVe (Impact World Champion Sami Callihan, Madman Fulton, Jake & Dave Crist)
They all brawled on the floor, oVe started to take control until Dreamer crotched Jake into the Tree of Woe. The dropkick with a chair assist followed. Dreamer worked over Dave, bit Jake and Fulton then cut him off with the End of Days. Daga cut him off with a tornado DDT, an enzuigiri and a missile dropkick. Sami dumped him and Swann attacked. He follows with hurricanranas, but Sami dumped him. Tessa came in and they brawled. the cutter connected and was followed with a dive to the floor. Swann was cut off by Fulton, they worked up top and we got a Tower of Doom spot. Daga followed with a dive, but Sami attacked Tessa and dumped her. Swann hit Lethal injections on Jake and Sami, Sami went for the Cactus piledriver but Rich cradled Sami for the win.
The not-Nygma’s Moment(s) of the Week
Petey Williams in the ring not hitting the Canadian Destroyer (he hit it after the match…) or the Oh Canada… Not Nygma at all…
Ok, I adore Petey Williams, he’s one of the best mat technicians in the business right now. He’s now wrestling only in Canada and for Impact Wrestling. I love every of his match and the way he represents Canada his very own way. And yes, I love watching Petey Williams hit the Oh Canada just to say NutStomper, and the Canadian Destroyer to remind everyone he’s the Master of it like Don Callis quoted. Many wrestlers now are using the move but no one does it the way Petey hits it.
The Lollipop and Baby-Oil Nygmalicious Moment of The Week
Joey Ryan didn’t win the match but he made Shamrock touch his…
The Nygma’s Award of the Week
– Taya Valkyrie
The longest-reigning Knockouts Champion has reached a new height in being the Champion for now more than 300 days. La Wera Loca is just invincible. Some would say she was given the title by Gail Kim at Homecoming, the way Taya has defended it is controversial. But the fact is Taya Valkyrie is an amazing and talented Champion, able to reinvent herself to make sure the fans would never have enough of her.
– Ken Shamrock
As I’m writing, social media are on fire. Ken Shamrock against Joey Ryan… When he decided to come back to Impact Wrestling, Shamrock accepted the fact he would have to wrestle anyone of the roster, from Moose to Joey Ryan. You may not be a fan of a wrestler or of his gimmick, you have to accept what the company is offering. This is what Ken Shamrock did, he played the game, he showed the world he’s still a great athlete at 55, and he shut down the people who think this match was not good enough for him. Well, Ken Shamrock is a legend.
– Hard to Kill
It will take place on Sunday, January 12th, 2020, in Dallas, TX. It’s official. FrenchNygma Club will be there, that is official too.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) October 21, 2019
– Referee Cameron
A referee with no legs, it’s possible and it’s fantastic. The same way Dustin Thomas proved you can wrestle without legs, Cameron did his job like any other referee. There is a place for everyone in this business, as long as they have a heart and a soul. Period.
– Alisha Edwards
She is hardcore, isn’t it? The fellow readers of this review know that this statement is not something new. Alisha Edwards has been hardcore and for quite a while now. She destroyed Moose with a kendo stick at Homecoming the same way she crushed Ace Austin’s manhood in this hotel corridor. Who said Kenny only had one best friend?
To be eNYGMAtic…
Very good episode. The recipe of action, promos and the cinematic orchestra worked perfectly. With no Championship match, the stakes were lower than last week but that doesn’t mean the episode was not cool to watch. The main event was short but great, even if I am pretty surprised they let Sami being pinned one week after winning the Championship.
Suzie is scary of kindness, Alisha and Eddie are crazy in love, well the Impact Zone is doing good. The Road to Hard to Kill is made of 9 more weeks so we’ll have to be patient and let things happen to be sure the first PPV of 2020 will be phenomenal. Before I leave you, I talked to ODB earlier this week, she will be at Impact next set of tapings this Thursday and Friday, you can read the interview here.
On this “Nygma Only Party Like 1999 ” note, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling and AXS TV. Photomontage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag @vulturehoundmag.
In two weeks on IMPACT there will be a HUGE Five Person Elimination Challenge to determine the next number one contender! @MichaelElgin25 vs. @GottaGetSwann vs. @TheMooseNation vs. @Tess_Blanchard vs. @Daga_wrestler! pic.twitter.com/WVIi81SMQ2
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) November 7, 2019