By the time I’m writing this review next week, the nightbird I am will, like you, be watching Bound For Glory, the iconic and historic Impact Wrestling PPV and the last of the 4 PPV events of the year. 2019 has been a treat for wrestling fans in general, but even more for Impact Wrestling fans. The motto of this year was moving forward. They did it. Impact Wrestling is hard to kill. And whether on Pursuit or AXS TV, on Friday or on Tuesday, The Nygma’s passion for this company is also very hard to kill…
On the menu of Impact this week, from Las Vegas, Nevada, Taya Valkyrie is putting the Knockouts title on the line against Jessicka Havok. Jordynne Grace will face off Katie Forbes. Moose will compete against former MMA fighter Stephan Bonnar. Eddie Edwards and Ace Austin will fight for a spot in the X-Division title Ladder match at Bound For Glory. Also, Tessa Blanchard will team up with Daga against Jake Crist and Madman Fulton. So no more words, let’s get ready for some action, but your French Enygma Steph way, of course…
The Nygma’s Chart of the Week
- Ace Austin defeated Eddie Edwards in an X-Division Championship Ladder Qualifying Match. Ace Austin used a back fist with a piece of steel in his wristbands, with the help of Reno Scum. After the match, Reno Scum and Ace Austin beat down Eddie Edwards.
- Rosemary showed up while Taya Valkyrie was hanging out by her “cave”. Valkyrie complained about having to fight Havok tonight, Rosemary didn’t care and walked off.
- Desi Hit Squad (Mahabali Shera, Raj Singh & Rohit Raju w/ Gama Singh) defeated The Rascalz (Trey, Dez & Wentz).
- Jordynne Grace was mistaken for a valet by her opponent of the night Katie Forbes.
- Havok (w/ Father James Mitchell) defeated Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie (w/ John E. Bravo) via DQ. Bravo interfered by pulling out the referee. Tenille Dashwood was on commentary. After the match, Taya hit Havok with the belt. Dashwood jumped into the ring, avoided a belt shot and kicked the belt into Valkyrie’s face. She hit a running crossbody in the corner. Taya powdered while holding the title belt.
- The oVe Creepy Cam showed Sami Callihan saying he’s offended by Brian Cage attacking a fan last week and that Cage should be ashamed of himself. Callihan blamed Cage for everything, called him an animal, then said that since Cage is still in jail oVe will finally deal with Tessa Blanchard once and for all tonight.
- The North were joking about Konnan when Rich Swann and Willie Mack showed up and promised to win the tag team titles. Rhino and RVD showed up too, saying they’ve been in line longer than Swann has been alive.
- Stephan Bonnar defeated Moose w/ Frank Triggs via DQ when Moose shoved the referee. After the match, Moose continued his attack on Bonnar, grabbed a chair, Ken Shamrock rushed and made Moose tap out to the ankle lock.
- Jordynne Grace defeated Katie Forbes. After the match, backstage Forbes ran into Johnny Swinger. He said that he could give some pointers to help her win future matches, including wearing even less fabric. She reminded him she is Miss RVD. After Forbes left, Grace came from outta nowhere and slapped Swinger in the face.
- Daga thanked Tessa Blanchard for helping him the other day, but he can fight his own battles. Tessa said oVe has been her battle for 6 months. If she has his back tonight, at Bound For Glory, he will be fighting his own battles in the X-Divison title match.
- TJP announced Fallah Bahh he will face Michael Elgin next week. He responded, “Bahh.”
- Daga & Tessa Blanchard defeated X-Division Jake Crist & Madman Fulton (w/ Dave Crist). After the match, Fulton attacked Daga and Tessa. We got some video from the back, Brian Cage arrived and started tearing through the back looking for Callihan. Cage heard that oVe was in the ring and stormed out. Cage cleaned the ring until Callihan ran in with a chair and hit Cage. Cage no-sold it. Cage started choking out Callihan but the rest of oVe showed up. Callihan hit some NutCrackers. oVe handcuffed Cage to the ropes, Callihan grabbed his baseball bat, and Melissa Santos ran in before he can strike. They all argued, Callihan ordered oVe to leave, changed his mind and grabbed Santos and hit the Cactus piledriver on her. Cage lost his mind in the ropes while oVe posed.
The Nygma’s Nutcracker(s) of the Week
– Daga & Tessa Blanchard vs Jake Crist & Madman Fulton
Daga and Crist squared up to start the match. They shoved each other, hit slaps and kicks, then started trading wrist lock escapes. Daga tagged in Tessa, Crist walked back and tagged in Fulton. Blanchard avoided a blow and tried a rear waist lock but the size difference was a disadvantage for her. Fulton, who didn’t watch The Little Mermaid, went for a chokeslam, Tessa escaped and hit Jake Crist on the apron. Fulton tried to take it to her, she dove onto the Crist brothers.
Daga blind tagged on a ropes sequence, Fulton grabbed Tessa in a bear hug but Daga made the save. They double-teamed Fulton a bit until he winded up on the outside. Daga tried to dive but Fulton caught him out mid-air, drove him into the ring post and then hit a reverse hangman’s move on the bottom rope. Dave Crist got involved a bit behind the referee’s back as oVe beat up Daga before sending him back into the ring. Fulton connected with a big slam to Daga. Daga tried to fight to his feet, he swung but Fulton didn’t let him go.
Dave Crist out distracted Tessa, she chased him and so missed the chance to tag Daga. Fulton caught a hurricanrana attempt, hit a near powerbomb but Daga escaped and hit a cutter. They both tagged out. Tessa ran wild on everyone and hit a tilt-a-whirl DDT on Jake Crist, Fulton made the save. Daga and Blanchard unloaded kicks to Fulton, Tessa takes him over the top rope with a hurricanrana. Daga then hit a dive onto Fulton, Tessa hit Jake Crist with the Magnum from the top rope for the win.
The not-Nygma’s Moment(s) of the Week
Katie Forbes twerking, “Ace Austin 3.69 I Just Banged Your Wife”, Johnny Swinger’s desire to say Knockouts wrestling almost naked. What do I add?
The Nygma’s Award of the Week
Sami Callihan definitely has a problem with the sentence “you may kiss the bride.” Man, that doesn’t mean “you may kill the bride.” The more we are getting close to Bound For Glory, the more this storyline is going personal and tense. Even if Callihan seems not to be afraid of anything, revenge is a deadly fuel for a Machine…
The fellow readers of this review know all the bad things I’d said of The Desi Hit Squad. To be honest, they had graced the Not-Nygma section for so long I thought I would create a special price for them. Until Shera came back. This win tonight against The Rascalz was impressive. For a few weeks now, they have reached the Nygma Awards section. May they stay here as long as possible.
When you hear that Ken Shamrock, 55, is going back to a wrestling ring, at first, you laugh or you cringe. This week, you had reasons to rejoice. Not only Shamrock is in great shape but he is still killing it. His match against Moose at Bound For Glory has every reason to be a great match.
To be eNYGMAtic…
Action-wise, the show was good, despite a load of DQs and interferences. The backstage promos and segments, slightly too much for me, hyped the PPV to come and added some intensity to the storylines. That makes it for me but not like the last 2 weeks.
Bound For Glory card is 99% complete, we still have to wait for the last participant in the X-Division Ladder Match who will be determined next week. Wagner Jr. partners have been announced, we have already seen Aerostar and Taurus in the Impact Zone, we all know what they are capable of. The Call Your Shot Gauntlet match remains an enigma for me, who is a Nygma. The card is just fantastic, I just can’t wait to see the PPV.
Next week is Bound For Glory week, my friends, and more than ever I will be there… No, we will ALL be there… I will treasure you with my special weekly Impact review with all the stakes and predictions for the PPV and, of course, on Monday, I will give you my thoughts on the last Impact Wrestling PPV of the year. Before the party begins, I had the chance to talk to Brian Cage and Sami Callihan a few days ago, stay tuned on our media to find out what the Champion and the challenger have to say…
On this “Nygma Wants To party” note, until next week, never EVER forget to stay #eNYGMAtic…
Bound For Glory Card:
- Impact World Championship Match: Brian Cage (c) vs Sami Callihan
- Ken Shamrock vs Moose
- Team Impact (The Rascalz) vs Team AAA (Dr Wagner Jr, AeroStar & Taurus)
- Michael Elgin vs Naomichi Marufuji
- X-Division Championship Ladder Match: Jake Crist (c) vs Tessa Blanchard vs Daga vs Ace Austin vs the winner of Rohit Raju vs Sabu match
- Impact Knockouts Championship Match: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs Tenille Dashwood
- Call Your Shot Gauntlet Match
- Impact World Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match: The North (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page) (c) vs RVD & Rhino vs Rich Swann & Willie Mack
All pics, videos, and screenshots courtesy of Impact Wrestling. Special thanks to Basil Mahmud for his pics. Photomontage custom made by @frenchnygma exclusively for @steelchairmag @vulturehoundmag.