2K Games have revealed that this year their annual WWE game will feature two cover stars. Those stars are “The Man” Becky Lynch and “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns. Becky Lynch will be the first female wrestler to grace the 2K series of WWE games.
Through a WWE press release, we know that the game, currently slated for a 22nd October release and has a series of new modes and features added. These include:
- A Women’s Revolution 2K Showcase that lets players follow the career of the Four Horsewomen
- The ability to play as male and female superstars in My Career
- The return of 2K Towers mode with a special tower inspired by Roman Reigns’ career.
WWE also announced WWE 2K20 originals, a collection of downloadable Showcase modes and stories exploring worlds and themes outside of what the game offers. Maybe this means we’ll see a full showcase for the Broken Universe since it featured in WWE 2K19.
This will be the first game in a long time and the first of the 2K series to have multiple stars on the cover as AJ Styles and Seth Rollins were the cover stars of previous editions.
There are already premium editions of the game announced.
- The WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition, which contains a copy of the game with special packaging, a complete set of WWE 2K20 Originals, access to the Accelerator, MyCareer Kickstart, WWE SuperCard limited edition cards, additional digital content offerings including the WWE 2K debut of Chyna as a playable character and more.
- The WWE 2K20 Collector’s Edition, which pays homage to the 20th Anniversary of SmackDown and contains the same features as the Deluxe Edition plus exclusive and rare collectibles.
All videos and images courtesy of WWE 2K and WWE