The Fallout from SummerSlam. On 205 Live, we already know a rematch is set between Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan. But on the Blue brand, if you expect Shane McMahon to shake Kevin Owens’ hand and move on, you’re living on another planet. Same with Randy Orton, when you provoke a man through his family, don’t expect this man to say, thank you and let’s have a beer. Some wounds are still wide opened, so let’s not waste any more time and see what went down as we check out SmackDown Live and 205 Live, it’s Tuesday Night Nygma…
Big SmackDown Live things happening this week:
- Kevin Owens was happy, to have whooped the golden bottom of Shane McMahon, to be in WWE for 5 years, to be a part of King of The Ring tournament… until Shane came, fined him $100,000 for attacking Elias, who was a ring enforcer at SummerSlam, and promised him a match for tonight.
- Kevin Owens confronted Shane McMahon backstage in his office. Shane said he’s here as an official, not a competitor, and he will sue Owens for everything he has if he lays a hand on him. Shane said he won’t change his mind on the fine. Owens told him, let’s make it $105,000… he picked up a stool and slammed it through Shane’s TV. Owens walked off as Shane smirked.
- Charlotte Flair defeated Ember Moon.
- Daniel Bryan and Rowan came to say they have nothing to do with Roman Reigns’ attack attempts and Buddy Murphy is a liar.
- Sarah Schreiber approached Shane McMahon backstage and asked him about Kevin Owens’ opponent tonight. Samoa Joe appeared and interrupts. Joe said he’s heard Owens is walking around like a badass tonight, but the only badass around here is him.
- Aleister Black delivered cryptic comments on how everyone has to pay a debt and his will be paid in his own anguish. Who will be the next to knock on Aleister’s door for a fight?
- Roman Reigns defeated Buddy Murphy.
- Kayla Braxton asked The Revival, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder, why they challenged The New Day. They mentioned their WWE 24/7 Title reign on RAW last night and said they realized it was a slap to their faces, and a slap to the tag team division. They went on knocking The New Day as the class clowns of WWE, saying they were ruining tag team wrestling.
- Kayla Braxton asked The New Day about The Revival’s comments on how they are ruining the tag team division. They said they have ruined nothing, they only handle business. Big E mentioned how Kofi Kingston handled business against Randy Orton at SummerSlam.
Kayla asked Kofi about his kendo stick attack on Orton. Kofi said some people think he overreacted but Orton looked at his family the wrong way, and he would do it all over again if he had to, he regrets nothing. Kofi said it’s all about family first.
- Samoa Joe defeated Kevin Owens, thanks to special enforcer Elias.
- Daniel Bryan and Rowan entered the men’s locker room and tell everyone to get out, except Buddy Murphy. They forced him to say he lied.
- Randy Orton and The Revival defeated The New Day. After the match, The Revival and Orton attacked Big E, Woods and Kofi. RKO party with the help of The Revival.
- Daniel Bryan said to Roman Reigns he and Rowan will bring him the culprit of the attacks next week.
We kicked off 205 Live with Gran Metalik who was mysteriously attacked earlier. Humberto Carrillo, who found Metalik knocked out in the back, brought it up to Drake Maverick‘s attention since Metalik was supposed to compete tonight with his Lucha House Party teammates. Because of this, Maverick has issued that Carrillo will be joining both Dorado and Kalisto to take on Ariya Daivari and The Singh Brothers.
Big 205 Live things happening this week:
- Akira Tozawa (w/ The Brian Kendrick) defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher. The commentators noticed that Gallagher’s foot was on the bottom rope long before the three-count. They thought that Maverick should look into that.
- Oney Lorcan talked about how he was cheated out of his title shot at SummerSlam.
- The Lucha House Party (Kalisto and Lince Dorado) & Humberto Carrillo defeated Ariya Daivari and The Singh Brothers.
- Drew Gulak said that he is going to dismantle Lorcan piece-by-piece. Tony Nese said that he was quite disappointed in himself for losing his opportunity to be a part of SummerSlam and for the title shot. He then went on to say that he is going to fight his way to the top again to regain a title shot soon.
- WWE Cruiserweight Championship Drew Gulak defeated Oney Lorcan. The commentators praised Lorcan for being such an outstanding competitor tonight.
MAIN EVENT THINGS
Two shows, one same comment… The action was more than good but the 2 shows were stagnant. Every Blue match was good but still Owens/McMahon, still the attack angle around Roman Reigns and Buddy Murphy and Rowan and Daniel Bryan, Orton and Kofi… Same statement for 205 Live because the 3 matches were great but nothing moved forward, storyline-wise. With King of The Ring tournament, the upcoming weeks will be busy on the Blue side, but on the purple one…
Nygma Note: If it can help WWE, Colonel Mustard attacked Roman Reigns in the library with the candlestick… It will go faster this way…
All pics courtesy of WWE.com