The competitors for this year’s Stardom 5★Star Grand Prix tournament have been announced. World Wonder Ring Stardom have also revealed all 18 wrestlers taking part in the annual round-robin Joshi tournament.
So far only the participants have been announced, with the Red and Blue Stars blocks to be announced at a later date. This is the largest tournament to date and will run from August 17 to September 22. The winner of the tournament will receive a title shot at the World of Stardom Championship.
Here are the participants separated by faction:
- Hazuki – High Speed Champion
- Natsu Sumrie
- Natsuko Tora
- Andras Miyagi – Grand Prix debut
- Jamie Hayter
- Bea Priestley – World of Stardom Champion
- Momo Watanabe – Goddess of Stardom Champion
- Utami Hayashishita – Future of Stardom Champion and Goddess of Stardom Champion
Tokyo Cyber Squad
- Hana Kimura – Artist of Stardom Champion
- Jungle Kyona – Artist of Stardom Champion
- Konami – Artist of Stardom Champion
August 26 Osaka Sekai-Kan Daytime
5☆Star GP 2018
Mayu Iwatani defeated Jamie Hayter pic.twitter.com/bBA8qZiQxA
— We Are Stardom (@we_are_stardom) August 26, 2018
- Mayu Iwatani – 2018 Grand Prix winner
- Arisa Hoshiki – Wonder of Stardom Champion
- Tam Nakano
- Saki Kashima
🔹5★ STAR G P2019出場選手発表
⚫︎エバリー 初出場 pic.twitter.com/eGlz68hfap
— スターダム/STARDOM (@wwr_stardom) June 16, 2019
Factionless (pictures in the tweet above)
- Kasey Owens
Previous winners and participants of the tournament have been seen wrestling around the world. These include Mayu Iwatani in Ring of Honor, Io Shirai and Kairi Sane in WWE, Bea Priestley in Defiant and AEW, Toni Storm, Piper Niven, Jazzy Gabert and Xia Brookside in NXT UK.
The tournament will be available to watch on the Stardom streaming service. A subscription to Stardom World streaming service costs only $8.50 per month and includes every event with English subtitles usually posted only a couple days after they occur live.
(All images courtesy of stardom-world.com, Hana Kimura Twitter, Stardom Twitter)