WWE Champion AJ Styles was introduced and revealed as the cover Superstar for this year edition of WWE 2K19. The game will be released worldwide on Tuesday, October 9th for Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC. Styles confessed he was honoured to be on the cover of the game because he’s a gamer himself and wants the gamers to see him as one of them
During the press conference, Styles also announced a $1 million “WWE 2K19 Million Dollar Challenge” sweepstakes that will be available for gamers on PS4 and Xbox One. Fans must win a new game mode, to be revealed, and complete other tasks to win the money, including defeat Styles in a gaming match. More details on the challenge will be announced later but rules are at WWE.2K.com.
.@AJStylesOrg is the #WWE2K19 cover Superstar! Standard Edition available October 9. Deluxe and Collector's Editions available 4 days early on October 5. Pre-order and game details here: https://t.co/DrvqbR6vdJ pic.twitter.com/WjHhy8znSY
— WWE 2K19 (@WWEgames) June 18, 2018
In the full announcement, we can learn more details on the WWE 2K19 Million Dollar Challenge. To participate, eligible players must accomplish four tasks:
* Players must beat a to-be-announced new mode in the game.
* Then, players can submit a promotional video proving they can beat AJ Styles in WWE 2K19.
* From there, four semifinalists will be selected for a semifinal round of competition.
* Finally one player will then earn the chance to compete against AJ Styles one-on-one in WWE 2K19 for the one-million-dollar prize (conditions here).
There will be multiple issues of the game, including:
* The Deluxe Edition, including a copy of the game with special packaging and access to Season Pass, Pre-Order and Collector’s Edition digital content.
* The Collector’s Edition containing the same features as the Deluxe Edition plus exclusive and rare collectibles, as well as limited-edition WWE SuperCard content.
More details on the different editions, the roster, the downloadable contents will be announced by 2K this summer.