This action-packed tournament comes to an end with the two pre-tournament favourites squaring off for the opportunity to challenge Will Ospreay at Dominion.
Chris Sabin & Flip Gordon def. Tiger Mask & Shota Umino
CHAOS (Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI) def. Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Lizuka & TAKA Michinoku)
CHAOS (Sho, Yoh & Hirooki Goto) def. Suzuki-Gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi)
Bullet Club (Marty Scurll & Yujiro Takahashi) def. Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare)
Post-match, Scurll went on the attack till ripped Dad Jushin made the save. A six-man tag was made for Dominion of Tanahashi, Liger and Mysterio vs Scurll, Cody & Page.
Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI) def. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA, Dragon Lee & ACH)
Chris Jericho appeared on the screen with another selfie promo. Naito rightly asked why if Jericho’s such a big star he can’t even get a proper cameraman.
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay) def. Kota Ibushi & Chase Owens
BOSJ Tournament Final: Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimori
– Quick start as we spill into the crowd
– Takahashi runs the length of the crowd and delivers a John Wu Drop Kick
– Takahashi’s attempt to powerbomb him down the stairs is reversed into a hurricanrana
– 19 count
– Ishimori takes control
– Sunset Flip powerbomb to the outside
– 19 count
– Takahashi is rolling
– Ishimori puts him in a rest hold leading to the usual trading forearms
– ISHIMORI WITH A TILT-A-WHIRL- INTO A CROSSFACE
– Takahashi nearing the ropes BUT DRAGGED BACK INTO THE CENTRE OF THE RING NOWHERE TO GO
– Ishimori just pulling his arm and leg away from the rope is this it?
– THE CROWD WILL HIM TO THE ROPES
– Counter after counter until Takahashi lariats Ishimori’s head off
– Counter after counter, they trade frankensteiners, both men down
– They forearm the face off each other, Ishimori with a high knee
– Takahashi fires up and runs right into a lariat but he kicks out at 1
– Lungblower from Ishimori
– TAKAHASHI KICKS OUT AT 2
– Takahashi reverses a pin attempt into a triangle choke.
– Ishimori cannot get away
– Ishimori lifts him up into a buckle bomb
– Ishimori looking for a 450 splash but Takahashi gets the knees up
– Takahashi again locks in the triangle choke, Ishimori tries to lift him so Takahashi picks him up and dumps him on his head
– Triangle choke applied again
– Ishimori makes the ropes
– TIME BOMB TAKAHASHI WINS
– NJPW always saves the best for last and this was no different. Awesome match that was full of action
– The crowd was HOT for Takahashi and him winning is definitely the right decision with Ishimori leaving BOSJ as a star.
Winner: Hiromu Takahashi Rating: 9 out of 10
A forgettable undercard that set up some potential matches for Dominion a Semi main event that had Will Ospreay and Kota Ibushi in the same ring and a 35-minute main event that felt like 15 minutes of 5-star wrestling.