Seems UK wrestling is going to get a lot more interesting as of late. 5 Star Wrestling have announced that on Saturday 10th June, they will begin a UK tour that will spread across 30 weeks and include 128 competitors from all across the world. There will not only be familiar names jumping on board but also unsigned talent as well.
The names that have already been confirmed for the tournament are intriguing, to say the least. They have confirmed;
– 5 Star Wrestling Champion: John Morrison
– Former WWE stars Carlito, Chris Masters, PJ Black & Shelton Benjamin
– Current IMPACT Grand Champion: Moose
– IMPACT wrestling star & current World of Sport (WOS) Champion: Grado
– ITV WOS stars: Zack Gibson & Kenny Williams
– Lucha Underground stars: Angelico & Shane Strickland
– British stars such as Jack Jester, Kid Fite, ‘Showstealer’ Nathan Cruz, Flash Morgan Webster, BT Gunn & much more
As stated, the tour will begin on Saturday 10th June. Kicking off at the Liverpool Echo Arena and the finale culminating on Saturday 30th December in the Manchester Evening News Arena. This certainly feels like an ambitious project. After managing to be the first ever British wrestling promotion to broadcast an event live on national TV since the eighties, so to see them jump to this will be interesting to see how it progresses. If they manage to bring back Rey Mysterio, then it’ll peak the fans interest even further.