The start of a new year always brings with it two momentous occasions for film-fans to look forward to, and 2017 will be no exception. Soon enough, we’ll be watching actors, actresses and filmmakers from around the world come together at the Oscars; a ceremony that showcases the best of the best. But even sooner, we’ll be seeing the Golden Rasberry Awards (or Razzies, for short), which, in contrast, showcases the worst of the worst.
Nominations are still being made, voted for and counted up for this annual event, but as it stands, one film looks pretty sure to bag up quite a few of the awards being given out, whether it wants them or not.
– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has been nominated for ‘Worst Picture’ and ‘Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel’
– The works of writing duo Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer have been targetted for ‘Worst Screenplay’
– For all his passion, Zach Snyder has been nominated for ‘Worst Director’
– Ben Affleck has another reason to look miserable as he and Henry Cavill have been nominated for ‘Worst Actor’
– Jesse Eisenberg is up for ‘Worst Supporting Actor’, but Jeremy Irons is getting double the hate as he receives the same nomination both for BvS and Assassin’s Creed
Even if, by some strange twist of fate, the film escapes the nomination as the nominees continue to be whittled down, Warner Bros. and DC have other properties under fire, as Suicide Squad also received nominations for ‘Worst Picture’, ‘Worst Script’, ‘Worst Actor’ and ‘Worst Actress’.
Whatever the case, the day of The Razzies will be a sad day for Warner Bros. and a sad day for sad Ben Affleck.
The final nominations will be announced on January 23rd. If you want to be a part of the voting process, you can become a Razzie member here.