– Cassette Store Day is returning this year on 22nd October, with founding UK labels Suplex, Kissability and Sexbeat joined by a bigger-than-ever roster of international partners. Applications open this Saturday, 11thJuly, for labels, stores and events to join in on the DIY fun.
– Austin songwriter Joe Pug is returning to the UK for a string of dates accompanying Ben Howard and Sturgill Simpson, culminating with a 12th November show at St. Pancras Old Church. Currently on tour promoting his latest critically acclaimed album, Windfall, Pug made his name giving away his music in Chicago, a practice he continues to this day (now via his website).
– “People all over the world are only fed this singular image of ‘African American Music’ and we want to disrupt that,” said artist and activist Mykki Blanco of C-ORE, the debut release from his new label, Dogfood Music Group. Available 18th September, the album is a collaboration between Blanco and friends Yves Tumor, PsychoEgyptian and Violence.
– A new, 23-disc box set of the Isley Brothers’ masters from RCA and T-Neck will include 84 rare and unreleased tracks, as well as the first full issue of Wild in Woodstock: The Isley Brothers Live at Bearsville Sound Studio 1980. Out 21st August, the career-spanning collection is now available to pre-order.
– Oxfordshire post-hardcore band Vera Grace is self-releasing a new EP, Novella, 17th August. Until then it’s available to pre-order, or you can catch them on tour throughout the UK, including shows this coming weekend in Crawley and Wellingborough.